Key investments in 2013
- Construction of TDI plant in Ludwigshafen, Germany
- Construction of MDI plant in Chongqing, China
- Construction of production complex for acrylic acid and superabsorbents in Camaçari, Brazil
- Development of Edvard Grieg oil deposit in Norwegian North Sea
- Field development of Achimov formation in Siberia, Russia
To enhance our chemical activities, we plan capital expenditures of €30 billion to €35 billion between 2011 and 2020; more than a third of this sum will be invested in emerging markets in order to further strengthen our presence in these fast-growing regions.
In particular, we are already planning or carrying out the following major projects:
- Construction of a TDI plant in Ludwigshafen, Germany
- Expansion of the vinyl formamide plant in Ludwigshafen, Germany
- Construction of a butadiene extraction plant in Antwerp, Belgium
- Construction of a catalysts plant in Środa Śląska, Poland
- Expansion of the production and formulation capacities for fungicides in Germany and the United States
- Construction of a formic acid plant in Geismar, Louisiana
- Expansion of our Verbund site in Nanjing, China (joint venture with Sinopec)
- Construction of an MDI plant in Chongqing, China
- Establishment of a new production site for surfactants and dispersions in Dahej, India
- Construction of a production complex for acrylic acid and superabsorbents in Camaçari, Brazil
In the Oil & Gas segment, our investments of around €4 billion by 2017 will focus mainly on the development of proven gas and oil deposits in Russia, Norway and Argentina, as well as the exploration of new oil and gas reserves.
We plan investments totaling up to €4.5 billion in 2013, particularly for the major projects named above.