Our standards are aligned with internationally recognized principles and fulfill or exceed existing laws and regulations. We respect and promote
- The 10 principles of the United Nations Global Compact,
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights and both United Nations covenants on human rights,
- The ILO’s core labor standards and Tripartite Declaration of Principles concerning Multinational Enterprises and Social Policy (MNE Declaration),
- The OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises,
- The Responsible Care Global Charter, and
- The German Corporate Governance Code.
We stipulate rules for our employees with standards that apply Group-wide. We set ourselves ambitious goals with voluntary commitments and review our environmental, health and safety performance using our Responsible Care Management System. Regular audits and a three-pronged monitoring system ensure our compliance with labor and social standards. This system comprises the following instruments:
- External compliance hotlines,
- The annual survey of our Group companies to inspect the prevailing working conditions, and
- Close dialog with our stakeholders, such as employee representatives and international organizations.
Our business partners are expected to align their actions with internationally recognized principles. We have established monitoring systems to ensure this.